The Therapeutic Specialist represents LEO Pharma Inc. within an assigned territory with the goal of maximizing product sales through transferring a strong value proposition for biologics / dermatology portfolio to stakeholders.
The Therapeutic Specialist will target and promote LEO therapeutic products to Dermatologists, general practitioners and other healthcare providers in order to grow the LEO business and achieve company objectives.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with HCPs (including nurses, office staff and pharmacists) within assigned territory
- Highly skilled in using a customer relationship management approach in order to capture valuable insights around needs and expectations of their customers
- Demonstrates a holistic approach in connecting with customers, providing Clinical knowledge and the ability to anticipate environmental changes and obstacles
- Differentiates product value proposition to all Healthcare providers and other stakeholders assigned in order to develop and maintain product advocates
- Effectively articulates features of LEO Pharma's portfolio of products, including approved uses, benefits, safety, and efficacy, with an emphasis on which products are best suited for particular patient profiles or circumstances
- Continuously strives to gain market intelligence: insights on customer needs, expectations and environmental challenges
- Understands market dynamics and impact of managed care in the assigned territory in order to effectively plan and implement sales and marketing strategies
- Develops action plan in collaboration with Value Access and MSL colleagues, as well as other key stakeholders, focused on key customers with measurable tactics to gain access and deliver added value to customers
- Initiates, develops and implements a customer growth plan to position products in top of mind in HCPs. Continually reviews and updates the plan based on sales report analyses and field intelligence
- Proactively identifies critical business opportunities and concerns and shares input to the other functions
- Develops a call routing plan that maximizes opportunity to call on targeted customers. Achieves designated call expectations for HCP face-to-face and retail pharmacy calls
- Effectively utilizes resources and support services in order to promote products and maximize sales
- Consistently improves upon disease state, product knowledge, competitor information as well as consultative selling skills by participating in training activities, POA meetings, and relevant conferences/trade association meetings. Successfully completes all required training classes and programs and effectively implement technical and selling skills.
- Effectively coordinates distribution of product samples and promotional materials within territory in accordance with company policies and procedures and legal/regulatory requirements
- Completes all company-based and job-related training as assigned by LEO Pharma within the required timeline
- Completes administrative duties accurately and within specified time frames, including but not limited to call reports, expense reports, and other required documentation
- Recommends, plans, supports, hosts, and attends various company functions, including events scheduled before or after regular working hours
- Understands and adheres to all applicable laws, regulations, and LEO policies, including but not limited to PhRMA code, OIG regulations, and PDMA policies and procedures
- Additional duties as assigned by LEO Pharma Management
Key Working Relationships:
External: Healthcare practitioners/office staff
Internal: Marketing, Value Access, Sales Operations/Training, Compliance
Job Specific Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree required; sales/marketing or science related degree preferred
- Requires 5-8 years Pharma, Biotech or Medical Device sales experience
- Dermatology, Specialty or Immunology experience required; selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IC) biologics experience preferred
- Proven, documented record of consistent sales success in complex markets; product launch experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information; advanced clinically based selling skills
- Skilled in strategic sales principles and execution
- Market access and Pharma economic principles
- Experience selling in a complex reimbursement and access environment; requires strong collaboration and teamwork with other functions, such as Marketing, Medical, and Market Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong, enthusiastic presentation and closing skills. Ability to work effectively remotely in a virtual setting
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from various reports. Familiarity with sales reporting software preferred
- Proven organizational skills, planning, time management, and territory management skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the state of residence; must possess and maintain satisfactory driving record
- Must live within reasonable driving distance of territory epicenter
- Ability to travel within and external to assigned territory; some nights, weekends and overnight travel as required
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Drive results
- Plans and aligns
- Action oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer focus
- Being resilient
Career Ladder Program for Therapeutic Specialists for specific competency requirements.
LEO Pharma reserves the right to make modifications to this job description as deemed necessary by changing position and business requirements.
The job description is a requirement under LEO Pharma's Quality Management System. It does not form part of the employment agreement between the employee and LEO Pharma and cannot be relied on in this respect.
Ready to learn more about LEO Pharma?
LEO Pharma has been pioneering medical innovations for more than 110 years. Today, LEO Pharma looks to constantly improve and extend what is possible for the benefit of patients. Our rapidly expanding product portfolio and pipeline includes global therapeutic areas in psoriasis, eczema, skin infections, acne, rosacea and, most recently, rare disease.
LEO Pharma believes in challenging the status quo, so we approach dermatology "beyond the skin." Our global innovation ecosystem includes internal research and development, digital health via the LEO Innovation Lab, based in Copenhagen, and the LEO Science & Tech Hub, housed in Cambridge, Mass.
As we look to shape our U.S. footprint now and in the future, we pride ourselves on our agile and entrepreneurial environment. It allows passionate people to collaborate and push the boundaries of science in hopes to provide solutions for patients.
We offer a competitive compensation package, 401k match, vision, dental and health insurance, annual bonus, three weeks' vacation to start, a culture that emphasizes work-life balance, both paternity and maternity leave, free membership to the on-site gym, bagel Monday's and - most of all - a FUN and celebratory work environment.
Let's wrap this up
If you are interested in joining a growing and nimble company, and help shape the future of medical dermatology, then send in your resume today!
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Leo Pharma's mission. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at LEO Pharma Inc.
LEO Pharma Inc. seeks information for job applications from candidates in the U.S. through only the following channels: the LEO Pharma Inc. website and Halogen Talent Acquisition, powered by Jobvite via email to/from addresses using only the LEO Pharma domain of "@leo-pharma.com" screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams platform.
LEO Pharma does not use Google Hangouts, Zoom or any other platform for any recruitment-related activities.
Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with LEO Pharma via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain.
LEO Pharma will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company.
If you have any questions about LEO Pharma Inc. and the application process, please email the company's U.S. People and Communications team at [email protected] .