Associate Manager - Bulk and Utilities Maintenance
A vacancy exists for a
Associate Manager - Bulk and Utilities Maintenance (M5) within the Technical Services Department; reporting to the Technical Services Director.
Based within the Dublin manufacturing facility, the role will support a variety of key areas onsite. You will provide an effective technical maintenance management service to all Utilities equipment on the LEO Pharma Dublin Site , including Bulk Formulation suite. You will be working with a number of cross-functional teams with a high-level of autonomy.
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage Bulk Formulation Maintenance and Utilities operations within the FGMIE and ensure that "best in class" standards are embedded with FGMIE operations.
- Own all maintenance engineering challenges within utilities supply and Bulk Formulations and provide timely solutions.
- Own and manage all energy control activities from monitoring of energy consumption to efficient energy control.
- Participate in daily walkthroughs and visual management meetings.
- Support achievement of Site wide goals particularly Safety, Quality, Customer Service and Finical targets.
- Ensure a responsive and committed culture is created to ensure rapid resolution of operation/utilities challenges and sound decision-making.
- Provide resources and work with all Manufacturing Business Units to manage the implementation of the new or modified processes.
- Actively manage team members to develop technical, leadership and managerial capabilities
- Identify specific training needs of the business unit craftsperson's and ensure that all craftsperson's are trained on the equipment that they are responsible for.
Key skills and Experience
- Ensure that there is strict adherence to all relevant Change Controls, SOP's, WI's and Guidelines
- The ideal candidate must have third level qualification (NFQ Level 8 or higher) in Mechanical/ Mechatronics/Chemical/Process Engineering and preferably a Masters degree in Business or Operational Management.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma/ Black Belt would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience within the pharmaceutical industry working in a Technical Engineering environment which includes experience in a Leadership role.
- Demonstrate leadership and change management skills.
- Deep technical and scientific knowledge to drive equipment reliability improvements.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance through development and coaching of a team
Behaviors & competencies:
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team of managers at site level.
- A " can do" attitude and genuine enthusiasm for driving improvements
- A positive mindset of Safety First
- Strong communication skills; written & verbal.
- Must be able to build strong relationships cross functionally.
- Must be agile and capable of monitoring trends, forward planning and adapting to meet the needs of the business.
- Make timely decisions at the right level with the right data, and support them once made.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Use of problem solving tools in a collaborative manner
- Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career objectives and the organization's goals.
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Builds Effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Collaborates: A confident team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Decision Quality: Ability to make good and timely decision that keep the organisation moving forward.
- Ensures accountability: Holds themselves and others accountable for meeting commitments.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Situational adaptability: ability to adapt approach and demeanor to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Values differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
All applications must include a CV, without a CV your application will not be considered.
The closing date for all applications is: 25/10/2021
All internal candidates must notify their direct manager if they apply for this role. Failure to do so, will result in you not being considered for this position.
LEO PHARMA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER