The Regional Business Manager is responsible for managing a team of Territory Business Managers ("TBMs") within a particular geographic area, ensuring consistent execution of a targeted business plan that meets or exceeds established market share targets and is aligned with Company and Brand strategies. The Regional Business Manager is responsible for recruiting, developing, and motivating a sales team while maintaining high quality hiring and productivity standards. Will partner with various resources including Marketing, Market Access, and Sales Training in order to achieve Region and Area goals. Will collaborate effectively with Area Director and other Regional Business Managers within Area in order to ensure success.
- Drives and ensures Region sales execution of the Company/Brand strategies and plans to achieve sustainable sales results
- Utilizes deep understanding of the biologics market, patient journey and payer needs; sets expectations for team and ensures cross-functional account planning and customer engagement strategy is implemented and monitored
- Demonstrates a leadership presence and influence that contributes to a high performing, highly collaborative sales team culture
- Inspires and leads capability development for TBMs to achieve sales objectives; conducts regular field coaching sessions; provides feedback and partners with representatives to develop action steps for continuous improvement of selling skills, product knowledge and sales competencies to ensure attainment of targeted sales goals.
- Ensures a robust succession plan by Identifying high potential TBMs within the team and preparing them for future growth/success; facilitates participation in developmental activities and opportunities for greater visibility
- Regularly analyzes sales and operations data to track results toward territory/district/regional business plans; identifies trends and challenges and regularly communicates information to internal stakeholders as well as TBMs to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactively identifies performance issues and opportunities for improvement; implements corrective action as necessary. Partners with Area Director and Human Resources to ensure documentation is prepared in a timely manner and adheres to company guidelines.
- Effectively recruits and selects new TBMs to fill district vacancies; ensures high quality hiring decisions are made within a timely manner.
- Establishes and develops relationships with healthcare providers and key opinion leaders within Region; leads by example and works collaboratively across internal functional areas (Marketing, Market Access, Medical/MSLs) by serving as a resource and by leveraging the expertise of others.
- Prepares for and participates in National/Regional POA's and conducts regular sales meetings/teleconferences to ensure timely communication exchange; contributes to commercial planning sessions by representing the needs of customers and sales team and driving business building plans.
- Promotes ethical business practices and ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and LEO policies, including but not limited to PhRMA guidelines, OIG regulations, and PDMA policies and procedures.
- Completes all company-based and job-related training as assigned by LEO Pharma within the required timeline
- Additional duties as assigned by LEO Pharma Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills
- Works collaboratively across organizational matrix
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of excel/sales reporting software
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the state of residence; must possess and maintain satisfactory driving record
- Must live within or reasonably close to Region geography boundaries in order to provide effective oversight of Region activities.
- Ability to travel within and external to assigned Region; some nights, weekends and overnight travel may be required
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree required; sales/marketing or science related discipline preferred
- Requires 5-7 years of pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device sales experience; three (3)+ years management experience required (for external hires)
- Dermatology, Specialty or Immunology experience required; selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IC) biologics experience required
- Experience managing in a complex reimbursement, challenging product access environment inclusive of specialty pharmacy distributed medicines
- Documented record of accomplishment and success in sales
- Knowledge of marketing, Market Access and pharma economic principles
We offer a competitive compensation package, 401k match, vision, dental and health insurance, annual bonus, three weeks' vacation to start, a culture that emphasizes work-life balance, both paternity and maternity leave, free membership to the on-site gym, bagel Monday's and - most of all - a FUN and celebratory work environment.
Let's wrap this up
We want you to be yourself. We hire the best, give outstanding training and set you free. If you're driven to perform, you'll fit right in. We approach our work daringly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins at every turn. Everyone is welcome- as an inclusive work environment, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work.
LEO Pharma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce that creates a better future for our global communities. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
LEO Pharma Inc. seeks information for job applications from candidates in the U.S. through only the following channels: the LEO Pharma Inc. website and Halogen Talent Acquisition, powered by Jobvite via email to/from addresses using only the LEO Pharma domain of "@leo-pharma.com" screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams platform.
LEO Pharma does not use Google Hangouts, Zoom or any other platform for any recruitment-related activities.
Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with LEO Pharma via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain.
LEO Pharma will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company.
If you have any questions about LEO Pharma Inc. and the application process, please email the company's U.S. People and Communications team at [email protected]