At LEO Pharma , we are at a pivotal point in our transformation journey to advancing medical dermatology by developing new biologics, in a mostly unexplored therapeutic area in the world today.
Every day, we seek inspiration from people living with atopic dermatitis. We are passionate about identifying and addressing their greatest health needs, to both advance medical dermatology and help them live fulfilling lives.
As a purpose-driven company, high performance is measured equally as sales results and the positive impact we create - for health care professionals and their patients. These aspirations are encapsulated in our perpetual quest for the world's best talent.
We are currently looking for an EHS Specialist who will have solid technical and scientific background and/or pharmaceutical plant experience to add to the team.
In this role, you will have the capability to participate detailed risk assessments/process safety reviews for existing hazardous processes, new product introductions & engineering capital projects. Attention to detail and sound scientific problem solving will be fundamental to this role.
Your key responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
What you need to succeed:
Must have experience with the following key programs:
- Develop & Lead Process Safety Program on site to define LEO Pharma best practice for individual operations/engineering design with respect to Process Safety/ ATEX and Machinery Safety and industrial hygiene requirements.
- Conducting training on the implementation of process Safety program.
- Collaborate with Departments in the development of the ATEX Site Program and Explosion protection document and associated drawings and training.
- Develop & Lead HAZOP/ process risk assessments plan for the Topicals Bulk Business Unit.
- Support our engineering department in the application of Process Safety elements as per the project development stages for both capital Projects and New Process Introduction and development of EHS related project handover documentation.
- Lead and Support on site audits, to ensure that we are compliant with all applicable requirements, ISO Standards and Global Programs/policies, identify and manage risk, and conform to company directives and standards.
- Complete and review process safety incident investigation and risk assessment screening for management of change.
- Collect process safety metrics, develop site dashboard for key program, monitors EHS improvement of assigned processes.
- Champion a culture of Process Safety excellence and managing and eradicating EHS operational risks and hazards to ensure an accident/ hazard free work environment.
- Coordinating investigation of incidents and injuries to achieve accurate and timely completion.
- Provide feedback on operational safety and environmental performance regularly and ensure At-risk-behaviors and At-risk-conditions are addressed.
- Collaboratively work to provide instruction and training to supervisors on EHS Program initiatives and Support on implementation of EHS Management system and Track all corrective measures.
Qualifications & Key skills you should possess:
- New Product Introduction (NPI), Engineering Capital Projects, EHS Change Management
- Process Safety Management, Hazard identification and Risk Assessment: Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) and Layer of Protection Assessment (LoPA), Inert Gas, Atex Area Classification. Machinery Safety Risk assessments and CE marking.
- Chemical Safety
- Environmental Management - energy, sustainability programs.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar
- At least 5 years related EHS industry experience - pharmaceutical is strongly preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in process safety and process safety management systems is required.
- Training or experience with PHA is an advantage.
- Working experience as a process/project projects in a chemical or pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience working within a regulatory environment is required.
- Positive track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal, external clients and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with peers, and customers, is required.
- Ability to influence and motivate peers, management and external vendors.
- Be able to build partnerships & work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal skills.
- Be innovative, by creating new & better ways for the organisation to be successful.
- Have a strategic mindset, seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Self-starter with ability to complete work independently as well as successfully lead others if needed.
- Ability to work well with other technical staff in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment
All applications must include a CV, without a CV your application will not be considered.
Please note that we review applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.