LEO Pharma has embarked on a growth journey to become the preferred dermatology care partner in the world, dedicated to help people achieve healthy skin. We have an ambitious 2025 strategy, which aims to accelerate our impact in innovative therapeutics while strengthening our established portfolio and our global footprint in medical dermatology. Dermatology is an area of rapid growth and LEO Pharma's vision is to reach 125 million patients worldwide by 2025. Our nimble and entrepreneurial environment allows passionate people to innovate and make a visible impact.
We have an exciting opportunity for a
Medical Outcome Liaison
In this role, you will help construct, you will serve as the medical face of the company in the U.S. and lead clinical, health economics, and health outcomes interactions with executives from the largest payer organizations across the country.
What you will be responsible for:
What We're Looking For:
- The Medical Managed Care Director (MMCD) role is a remote-based position housed in the U.S. Medical Strategy and Scientific Affairs (MSSA) organization.
- Lead medical, health economics, and health outcomes point of contact with regional and national health care payers, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks, and health systems. You will proactively and re-actively engage payer/PBM executives and their designates (from pharmacy, medical, quality, value assessment, etc.), external scientific experts, and relevant business influencers in clinical and health outcome based information for all portfolio and pipeline products to inform access and reimbursement decisions.
- Provide medical leadership and develop medical account strategies and action plans for each of the portfolio and pipeline products and collaborate closely with a team of Account Managers
- Promote and engage in strong cross-functional teamwork with field-based and headquarters-based medical and commercial colleagues to meet customer needs with the highest levels of quality and customer-focused support.
- Build enduring partnerships with internal colleagues as well as with customer decision-makers, and scientific experts, and key influencers .
- Bring value to customers by leveraging the expertise of your colleagues, when relevant, to customer discussions and responses to customer's requests.
- Ensure that you are aware of and can articulate the most current disease state literature, health policy changes and trends, new data on company products and competitors, and methodologies for generating health economics and real-world evidence.
- Leverage your expertise by teaching and sharing critical information to internal cross-functional colleagues.
- Continuously improve the quality of customer engagements and contribute to establishing a strong reputation in the industry as a "best in class".
- Advanced scientific or clinical degree (PhD, MD, DO, PharmD, MS, MPH) or related health science field and a minimum of 7 years of experience, with advanced training
- Excellent knowledge and command of clinical trial design and methodology, observational study designs, epidemiology, biostatistics, value frameworks and health economic principles
- Demonstrated business acumen, with ability to simplify complex topics to drive decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work across multiple products
- Ability to multi-task and manage several account plans and needs, internal/external deadlines with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate and defend the full clinical value proposition for assigned brands
- Able to work independently in a home office environment (without interruptions or significant distractions during normal business hours) with up to 70% travel; Close proximity to a major airport is necessary.
- Experienced in account planning with ability to effectively work alongside commercial and other functions to develop robust account plans which include.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulatory and compliance environment, history of operating with ethics and integrity
Ready to learn more about LEO Pharma?
- Region: All contiguous US locations will be considered with strong preference within close proximity to a major airport.
- At least 7 years of payer/health care consulting/health policy/pharmaceutical/biotech industry relevant experience Market access and/or account facing managed market experience
- Preferably have experience in a field based Medical Affairs preferably working with payers and IDN
- Knowledge and willingness to stay abreast of trends in health policy, payment models, and changes in the broader payer and health care delivery landscape
- Experience conducting and presenting research studies
- An equal employer Opportunity
LEO Pharma has been pioneering medical innovations for more than 110 years. Today, LEO Pharma looks to constantly improve and extend what is possible for the benefit of patients. Our rapidly expanding product portfolio and pipeline includes global therapeutic areas in psoriasis, eczema, skin infections, acne, rosacea and, most recently, rare disease.
LEO Pharma believes in challenging the status quo, so we approach dermatology "beyond the skin." Our global innovation ecosystem includes internal research and development, digital health via the LEO Innovation Lab, based in Copenhagen, and the LEO Science & Tech Hub, housed in Cambridge, Mass.
As we look to shape our U.S. footprint now and in the future, we pride ourselves on our agile and entrepreneurial environment. It allows passionate people to collaborate and push the boundaries of science in hopes to provide solutions for patients.
We offer a competitive compensation package, 401k match, vision, dental and health insurance, annual bonus, three weeks' vacation to start, a culture that emphasizes work-life balance, both paternity and maternity leave, an on-site game room, free membership to the on-site gym, plenty of coffee machines and - most of all - a FUN and celebratory work environment.
LEO Pharma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce that creates a better future for our global communities. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at LEO Pharma Inc.
LEO Pharma Inc. seeks information for job applications from candidates in the U.S. through only the following channels:
- the LEO Pharma Inc. website and Halogen Talent Acquisition, powered by Jobvite
- via email to/from addresses using only the LEO Pharma domain of "@leo-pharma.com"
- screening and interaction by telephone and through the Microsoft Teams platform.
- LEO Pharma does not use Google Hangouts, Zoom or any other platform for any recruitment-related activities.
- Disregard any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with LEO Pharma via any other means and/or using email addresses with any other domain.
- LEO Pharma will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with the company.
If you have any questions about LEO Pharma Inc. and the application process, please email the company's U.S. People and Communications team at