We are looking for a Medical Director. The main functions of the Medical Director Iberia will be to provide medical/scientific strategic and operational expertise for core Medical Affairs activities such as scientific data generation and communication, competitive landscape analysis, utilization of insights, establishing Key Opinion Leader map and drive interactions. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and support as a cross-functional medical team lead, will collaborate with commercial team to provide medical input into commercial strategies, and will collaborate with Global medical teams to ensure successful in the Iberia development and commercialization of dermatology compounds.
Based on Barcelona will report to the Iberia General Manager and will be part of the Iberia leadership team.
- Lead and develops the Medical team
- Acquires, maintains and expands knowledge and expertise in relevant medical-scientific areas in dermatology
- Develops Iberia Medical Strategy and tactics for dermatologic compounds in development
- Provides medical/scientific strategic and operational expertise for core Medical Affairs activities including scientific data generation and communication, competitive landscape analysis, utilization of insights, establishing Key Opinion Leader map and drive interactions
- Provides medical input to strategic plans such as life cycle plans, strategic launch plans, brand plans and global business plans
- Participates in publication planning throughout the product life cycle in collaboration with both local and global teams
- Contributes, through medical expertise, to any appropriate external action with regulatory, pharmacovigilance, health economics, etc.
- Initiates, organizes and facilitates Iberia medical advisory boards
- Presents medical data at both internal and external meetings
- Provides expertise to support LEO Pharma's patient-centric approach, contributes to identification and investigation of unmet patients' needs
- Identifies Iberia medical marketing needs, gaps and assists in establishing or strengthening scientific affairs activities
- Accountable for planning of Medical Affairs activities and manage assigned budget
- Strong professional experience, within the pharmaceutical industry and/or in clinical research
- Good business/commercial understanding
- Excellent understanding of the clinical development programs including compliance and regulatory requirements
- Leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment
- Strong goal orientation, an ability to make decisions and a history of meeting deadlines and objectives
- Experience with facilitating medical advisory boards
- Experience in managing Key Opinion Leader relationship
- Experience with publication planning
- Skilled in developing, reviewing, understanding, and presenting clinical and scientific information to multiple audiences
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.