|Job type||Full Time|
At LEO Pharma, we are at a pivotal point in our transformation journey to advancing medical dermatology by developing new biologics, in a mostly unexplored therapeutic area in the world today.
Every day, we seek inspiration from people living with atopic dermatitis. We are passionate about identifying and addressing their greatest health needs, to both advance medical dermatology and help them live fulfilling lives.
Our aspirations are to create an impact through our dermatology expertise and to enhance lives of atopic dermatitis patients. These inspirations are encapsulated in our perpetual quest for the best talent.
Are you ready to pioneer together with us? We are looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team.
Working at Leo:
You will be part of a collaborative and innovative community of like-minded specialists connected by mutual respect; a caring culture; and our deep-rooted commitment to advancing the progress of biologic solutions within atopic dermatitis worldwide. Driven by dedication, ambition and agility, we apply our deep knowledge in dermatology and a focus on long-term results.
About your team:
You will join a highly motivated team - competing with the biggest pharmaceutical brands - inspiring one another with bold new ideas, expertise and knowledge to surpass our current size and reputation. With each step of the journey, you will see the impact of your contributions as we flourish and transform into a global leader in medical dermatology
About the Job:
You will support and lead with management the mission of driving a robust corporate culture that embraces integrity in our operations, consistent with the core values and principles of LEO's Code of Conduct. This includes providing subject matter expertise and leadership on compliance-related matters within the organization and fostering a proactive compliance program and ensuring that the Affiliate follow through on implementing a plan to continuously assess and enhance processes, maintaining world-class controls that are effective in managing identified risks in a manner that are easily understood and applied.
You will be in charge of driving risk assessments in compliance, monitoring key control areas, ensuring that key stakeholders locally and regionally are informed on relevant risks and implementing remediation plans. You will help the business to deliver sustainable business strategies, drive the right behaviors through communication and training, and is responsible for helping shape the external environment through driving industry-wide standards that are ethical and consistent with LEO's core values.
The function reports into Medical Director and works in full cross-functional way with all the other departments, in full alignment with LEO Global Corporate Compliance strategy.
• Design and pull through of a compliance strategic plan consistent with the Global Corporate Compliance strategy, the LEO's business strategy and aligned with local needs and regional requirements.
• Design and maintain updated and well-organized systems and records of management decisions, policies, processes, trainings, assessments, remediation plans, investigations, and enforcement actions. Documentary evidence must be managed in a clear and easily accessible manner in conjunction with other business documentation.
• Design and maintain the architecture and excellence in effectiveness of policies, procedures, and controls through continuous monitoring of operational effectiveness, assessment and redesign or enhancement as needed.
• Provide advice and guidance to the business on compliance matters, including interactions and practices with health care professionals, government officials, health care institutions and patient associations.
• Actively engage the leadership team in each applicable Affiliate in driving the tone from the top in integrity and leveraging communication cascaded to the organization to maintain a high level of awareness in ethical business conduct.
• Fully understand the complex landscape of global risk, reputational risk, local legal and regulatory risk, and local codes and ethics standards as it pertains to and impacts the activities conducted by the organization.
• Conduct periodic risk assessments to identify and rank risks to help define prioritization of resources and activities.
• Execute robust monitoring plans based on the risk assessment.
• Ensure that results are effectively communicated to the local leadership team and Corporate Compliance, that root causes are analyzed, trends and risks are always evaluated and shared with LEO Management Team
• Ensure accountability is exercised through enforcement of our policies and applicable regulation.
• Ensure allegations of misconduct are timely reported pursuant to established protocols.
• As directed, conduct internal investigations and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Counsel the local leadership team on the design and implementation of corrective actions and ensure that corrective action standards are consistently applied across the organization
• Actively follow compliance trends in the market and regulatory environment including in business practices and evolving compliance-related legislation.
• Actively engage in relevant industry associations and other compliance-related stakeholder groups to drive ethical standards consistent with LEO core values.
• Co-chairing with the Italy General Manager the Italian Compliance Committee
• You should have 5+ years working in compliance, which can be comprised of 3 years working directly in compliance and additional experience in other departments
• Bachelors (equivalent) degree required. Advanced degree in law, accounting, or business administration highly desired.
• Ability to influence others to drive action and unlock problems, without creating disruption
• Effective communication and presentation skills directed to sophisticated and front-line junior audiences, including the ability to synthetize complex information into executive messages
• Strong learning agility to relate past experiences to new challenges
• Ability to absorb partial information from different sources and make sound judgment even with ambiguity
• Experience working in and being comfortable with matrix organization and reporting lines, and cross-functional teams without clear single leadership
• Strong project management and strategic planning skills
• Work effectively with Windows Office package to design policies, management documents, presentations, control databases, KPIs, and dashboards
• Able to work independently and to prioritize multiple demands
• Ability to identify compliance issues quickly, synthesize impact and determine root cause.
Please note that we review applications and conduct.